First of all, I’d like to thank Grace (Grace4films) for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It’s really nice when other people like and appreciate what you’re blogging about! So, thank you! 🙂 Since I;m very new to this blogging world, I never heard of any awards. I now know that the Liebster Award is an online award for starting bloggers to gain more support, recognition and just to get to know the person behind the blogger.
So the rules are:
- The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them;
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them;
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their favourite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions. When you are nominated, you can not nominate the person who nominated you.
And now my answers to Grace’s questions:
1. Did you ever fall asleep when watching a movie? If yes, which one?
A few time actually. But the last time I remember was during The last of the Mohicans starring Daniel Day-Lewis. It’s supposed to be a very good film but maybe I was just very tired 😉 I remember I sort of woke up when I heard the amazing score: Last of the Mohicans – Promontory.
2. Can you still remember your first time in a cinema?
The first time was when I went to see Aladdin with my parents and sister in Pathé Tushinsky in Amsterdam (Netherlands). I was four years old and I still remember how scared I was for the mean Jafar and how big the cinema was! It took some time before I went to the same cinema again and then I realised something: The cinema wasn’t that big as I remembered, but it the most beautiful one!
3. Do you watch “… Next Top Model”? (eg America’s Next Top Model, AsiasNTM,…)
Not anymore. I used to watch Holland’s Next Top Model and America’s Next Top Model when it was new. But I kind of lost interest with all those back stabbing girls.
4. Do you like musical movies? (Series with a song every now and then don’t count)
Yes I do!! First of all I love all Disney films! Those catchy songs are what it makes the films Disney.. And I love all those Musical films like Evita, The Phantom of the Opera, Mama Mia, Moulin Rouge and I walk the Line. The songs from Les Miserables are amazing and so well performed, but I am less interested in the story. I also think that the music/score is very important for a film’s success. I mentioned once before at YouTube. The score of the Twilight films are the best part of it all!
5. What is your favourite “Movie-Food”? Chips/Nachos/Whatever?
Nachos! With some guacamole sauce! HMMM. I hate popcorn with those nasty things sticking behind your teeth. But when I’m home I also love some chips and some cheese with sausage slices or some fried snacks. Maybe that’s typical Dutch. And this all with beer or wine or some other alcoholic drinks. 🙂
6. For the guys: Would you watch a really sappy romance with your girlfriend/wife in the cinema? For the girls: Would you watch a… what are they called?! I’ll just go for “lots of fast cars, hot women and violence”-movie with your husband/boyfriend in the cinema?
Well, I also love those films with a lot of fast cars, like The Fast and the Furious franchise, and Jason Statham films. So yes, I would definitely go to cinema with my man to watch that kind of films. I even saw Fast 6 in the cinema, with my brother though.
7. Which famous superhero do you hate most/not like at all?
None, I love them all. Okay maybe not haha. Uhm, the first one who pops in my mind is Johnny Storm a.k.a ‘The Human Torch’ played by Chris Evans from Fantastic Four. He’s all “Oh look at me, I’m the best, I’m amazing, the strongest and the most handsome one!” I hate that kind of guys.
8. Do you prefer watching films in the cinema or at home and why?
For both is something to say. In the cinema you get an other experience with the big screen, the amazing sounds and reactions from everyone is sometimes really cool! Like when something is so funny or sad: everybody’s laughing or in shock, you know. But the disadvantage is the (sometimes) annoying people talking, eating or playing with their phones. At home I don’t have to keep my mouth shot, I can just scream at the television. That’s really nice sometimes, too bad they can’t hear me and just listen to me 😉
9. Who do you think is the most overrated actor? Why?
This is really a tough question! I suppose there are actors who are only cast in films because of their looks which has nothing to do with their ability to act well. I can’t give an example at the moment really. I’ve never been a fan of Brad Pitt his looks, but he can act. Only that’s the other way around… Okay, I thought about it. People will hate me for it but I think Jennifer Lawrence. I only saw her in The Hunger Games and was not really impressed by her. True she does have an amazing personality. However I’m not convinced by her acting skills at this moment.
10. Which film made a big impression on you? I don’t exactly know how to explain, but was there any movie that marked you?
A Dutch film called Spijt! which means Regret. It’s about a boy who is bullied a lot by classmates and takes his own life at the end. This film is quite new, but I’ve read the book when I was 10 or so. It’s a really sad story and sad enough it’s not fiction. There are so many bullies nowadays and that’s why this film has a great impact. An other film I recently saw, which also made me think, is The Help. Just a short time ago it was normal for white people to handle with coloured people in a such disrespectful way. Oh, and Titanic of course, still have to cry…
11. In which decade were most of your favourite movies made and which are these?
I think every decade has its amazing classics. With all these new technology nowadays, films can be made better with green screens and stuff but the actors still need the be good performers. Besides. I’ve mostly seen films from 1995 till now. So I can’t really say.
So, I hope you all liked my answers! Here are my questions and my nominees for this Liebster Award:
- Which film do you think is the best book adaptation?
- Who is your favourite superhero? And which superhero powers would you like to have?
- Disney vs. Pixar?
- What do you think of all these reboots/remakes nowadays?
- Marvel vs. DC Comics?
- For which tv show/series do you really have to stay home for? And what makes this tv show/series so special?
- If you had the chance to meet an actor/actress. Which one would you chose and what you say or ask him/her?
- Which film do you hope they will make in the future? Could be a book adapatation, a reboot/remake or from a video game.
- Name one things that’s one your bucket list.
- What is your favourite part of the world? Country/island/continent?
- What’s your biggest passion in life?
My nominees, which are not eleven, only my favourites.